• passive solar design
• rammed earth
• australian hardwoods
• watertanks for stand alone water supply
• solar hotwater
• low EMR
• low toxicity finishes and materials
• grid interactive solar power
• on site sewage management system
• Winner: Residential Architecture - Affordable housing
NSW Country Division Architecture Awards 2016
This home is set on a small acerage in the Southern Highlands of NSW. Construction began in July 2014, and the walls have slowly started to emerge.
The rammed earth walls have the appearance that they've been revealed as part of a dig, rather than built.
photos: Rowan Conroy [http://rowanconroy.com]